ATTENTION!

ALMOST ALL DOWNLOAD LINKS TO ALMOST ALL SOUNDTRACKS ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE.

Alternative links to some soundtracks through iTunes and Amazon are available.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Click here for the list of available soundtracks.

January 8, 2013

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed: Sanctuary Falls' Infamous Shortcuts



Perhaps the most infamous shortcuts in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed are the shortcuts that cut more than half of the road track in Sanctuary Falls. They are indeed "infamous" because of their relative simplicity.

I first came across these while doing time trials on the track, during which I saw the tenth fastest ghost at the time suddenly shot off the track at one of the jumps. Attempting to follow the ghost the next time around, I found for myself that I ended up at the final corner of the track, cutting more than half of the track. The first lap demonstrates this.

I came across the second shortcut, which is the most infamous of all, by accident. Attempting the first shortcut, I rolled too much to veer off-curse to find that the game counted a lap as soon as I respawned back to where I flew off. Basically, this shortcut is a glitch - a very nasty glitch. The second lap demonstrates this.

Of course, these two cheap tricks also work when racing in the mirrored version of the track; simply veer the opposite direction.

This clearly explains how the top ten times in Sanctuary Falls, regular and mirrored, regardless of the console, should all of you have noticed, consist of 30-second times, and therefore, how the time trial leaderboards for this track are currently messed up.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a fun game, but it's broken, just like its prequel when it was first released. I hope Sumo Digital considers and fixes these glitches as soon as possible. For now, you may try executing these moves and easily defeat the staff ghosts in the process. Otherwise, use responsibly.

No comments: